October 18, 2011

Jolly Holiday Mary Poppins costume

Now, you know Miss A needed a Jolly Holiday costume to match Mama's!



After making the adult size costume, I learned a few things.  So with this one, I used only the shirt part of Simplicity pattern 9497.

The skirt is a separate piece, and I used Dana's circle skirt tutorial from over at MADE

The belt is red silk on top, and white muslin underneath, held together at the back with velcro.  Doesn't get any simpler than that! 

Sew a few red bows, and voila! 

Turns out I was making this dress at the same time I saw Jess' post over at Craftiness is Not Optional, on her daughter's Mary Poppins dress and I loved how she just used a bow at the neckline.  Thanks for the idea, Jess!

The brilliant thing is that I had every piece of this in my stash - so it was a free costume!  Now let's hope she wears it...


2 comments:

  1. Precious! I love how you are combining patterns together that is fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is super adorable! she looks darling in it. Glad my tutorial helped a little!

    ReplyDelete